Catalyst Investors is Hiring
Catalyst is seeking candidates for a pre-MBA analyst position.
Catalyst Investors makes growth equity investments in high-growth, lower middle market companies. We focus on a variety of technology-enabled services sectors, including software-as-a-service, digital media, Internet infrastructure, wireless communications, healthcare and business and consumer services, among others.
Position: Pre-MBA Analyst, Full-Time
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: Immediate
Description: Catalyst Investors is seeking a pre-MBA Analyst to assist the Investment Team. Investment responsibilities include deal origination, investment screening and transaction execution. This position is suited to candidates seeking a hybrid experience of deal sourcing and transaction execution. The pre-MBA Analyst will have the opportunity to work directly with senior members of the Investment Team.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis on technology-enabled industries
- Write industry research reports, articles and blog posts; participate in social media and PR programs
- Screen prospective investment opportunities
- Conduct outreach to prospective investments, represent Catalyst at industry and investment conferences and engage in other direct deal generation activities
- Write investment memos and perform other analyses for potential and existing investments
- Conduct financial and business due diligence (e.g. industry analysis, competitive position, growth prospects)
- Develop financial models to analyze investment returns and perform valuation analyses (e.g. DCF, M&A and public trading multiples, etc.)
- Support team with quarterly reporting, annual meetings and client requests for information
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience from a startup or growth-stage company, commercial or investment bank, management consultancy, venture capital or private equity firm
- Excellent academic credentials
- Proof of ability to work in the U.S.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology and rapidly changing industries
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills; creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong quantitative abilities, including experience in financial modeling and valuation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines; possess a fine-tuned attention to detail
- Team-player attitude and a desire to work in a small team environment