Catalyst Investors is a NY-based growth equity firm that invests in recurring revenue technology businesses at the inflection point from startup to expansion stage. We take a thesis-driven approach to identify important market trends early and have been partnering with category leaders across the B2B technology landscape for over two decades.
Position: Investment Associate, Full-Time
Location: New York, NY (in-office 3+ days per week)
Target Start: Summer 2024
Description: This position is suited to candidates seeking deep experience in deal sourcing, transaction execution and portfolio company oversight.
- Contact and engage prospective investments, represent Catalyst at industry events and conferences and conduct other activities directly sourcing deal flow
- Research relevant sectors for investment, develop investment theses and publish research reports and blog posts
- Screen, evaluate and analyze prospective investment opportunities
- Conduct financial and business due diligence, including financial models and valuation analyses
- Create investment memos and write-ups for prospective and existing investments
- Support in portfolio company oversight and management
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in investment banking, venture capital, growth equity and/or private equity
- Excellent academic credentials
- Proof of ability to work in the U.S.
To be considered for the role, please send each of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Answers to the following questions (max. 200 words per response):
- After reviewing our website and team, why do you think you would be a strong candidate for Catalyst? (Note: we presume you are smart and a hard worker!)
- Based on our investment criteria and strategy, what is a company that you think represents an interesting investment opportunity for Catalyst and why?
Application Deadline: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Total compensation (annual base salary and performance-based bonus): $175,000-$225,000
- Note, actual compensation will be determined on an individualized basis that considers a broad spectrum of qualifications, including, but not limited to, years of relevant work experience, education, and other relevant qualifications specific to the role