Catalyst Investors is a NY-based growth equity firm that invests in recurring revenue technology businesses at the inflection point from startup to expansion stage. We take a thesis-driven approach to identify important market trends early and have been partnering with category leaders across the B2B technology landscape for over two decades.
Position: Business Development Associate, Full-Time
Location: New York, NY (in-office 3+ days per week)
Target Start: Summer 2024
Description: This position is suited to curious, self-starting candidates seeking experience in growth equity deal sourcing with direct exposure to innovative entrepreneurs and businesses.
- Contact and engage with prospective investments, represent Catalyst at industry events and conferences and conduct other activities directly sourcing deal flow
- Screen prospective investment opportunities
- Assist with industry and market research
- 0-2 years of work experience; preference for previous work and / or internship experience from roles in commercial or investment banking, consulting, technology start-ups, venture capital, growth equity or private equity; prior sourcing or sales experience is a positive but not required
- Excellent academic credentials
- Proof of ability to work in the U.S.
To be considered for the role, please send each of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Answers to the following questions (max. 200 words per response):
- After reviewing our website and team, why do you think you would be a strong candidate for Catalyst? (Note: we presume you are smart and a hard worker!)
- What is an industry sector within Catalyst’s investment mandate that you find interesting and why? Within that sector, which company do you think represents an interesting investment opportunity for Catalyst and why?
Application Deadline: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Total compensation (annual base salary and performance-based bonus): $75,000-$125,000
- Note, actual compensation will be determined on an individualized basis that considers a broad spectrum of qualifications, including, but not limited to, years of relevant work experience, education, and other relevant qualifications specific to the role