Catalyst Investors is a growth equity venture capital firm investing in technology-enabled businesses. Founded in 1999 and currently investing out of our $377 million fourth fund, we employ a proactive, research-based approach to investing.
We target sectors that are experiencing above-average growth relative to the broader market. We utilize our proactive research program and dedicated Catalyst Advisory Group of seasoned technology entrepreneurs to recognize important market trends early. We identify and invest in world-class companies and management teams to capitalize on those trends.
Your Catalyst for Growth.
We are true growth equity investors – our returns are driven primarily by our companies’ growth, not by the use of excessive debt financing. We work in partnership with entrepreneurs to ensure that they have the full array of strategic, tactical, and financial tools to excel in fast-moving, competitive industries. We call this collaborative process the Catalyst Way.
The Catalyst Way
- Refine strategic positioning and customer value proposition
- Foster mission statement, core values, and company culture development
- Perform industry, competition, and exit planning analyses
- Executive Committee – Provide strong oversight
- Compensation Committee – Invest in human capital
- Finance & Audit Committee – Ensure proper capitalization and risk management
- Monitor performance by enhancing monthly reporting and leading the review of quarterly scorecards and KPIs
- Improve performance through direct feedback and involvement by both Advisory Group members and the extended Catalyst network
- Manage business lifecycle evolution including scalable processes and planning in preparation for sale or IPO
Partner With Management
Catalyst collaborates with management teams to buy, build, and grow enduring companies by providing strategic and financial support. Our active board participation and industry expertise enable us to work together with management to achieve common goals.
We always strive to take the long view and recognize the critical importance of working with management to build companies of enduring value.
“Catalyst has been instrumental in helping our team crystalize our strategic thoughts – not only did they bring their very experienced team to the table, but they also helped us find the right external resources.”– Tim Chi, CEO, WeddingWire
“As entrepreneurs, we deal with a lot of investors who don’t understand the markets we operate in – not so with the Catalyst team – they become an extension of your strategic thinking.”- Emil Saygeh, CEO, Codero
“We had our choice of investors and wanted people who understood us, our industry, and the kind of business plan we presented – the Catalyst team understood how we wanted to build InSite.”- David Weisman, CEO, InSite Wireless
“When the entire market didn’t know which way was up, Catalyst had the guts and the foresight to see our vision and stick to the long-term plan.”- Bob Murphy, COO, Mindbody