"The Catalyst team and their advisory board members have added exceptional value, helping us build our team, develop strategies for growth and breach hard-to-crack-open doors. Their input has been invaluable."Paul Lightfoot, CEO, BrightFarms
"Catalyst’s successful SaaS track record set the firm apart from the rest when we were fundraising. Few investors understand how to scale local, SaaS businesses as well as the Catalyst team."Chris Webb, CEO, ChowNow
“Catalyst’s experience and understanding of the tower industry, support of management, and the firm’s network have helped us grow from a $100 million valuation to more than $1 billion.”David Weisman, CEO, InSite Wireless
"Catalyst invested in MINDBODY in 2009 when very few funds were deploying capital, and they have been with us every step of the way through our successful 2015 IPO."Rick Stollmeyer, CEO, Mindbody
“The Catalyst team has been an extraordinary partner, providing value on everything from unit economics to strategy.”Brandon Rodman, CEO, Weave
“They say genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration. Catalyst perspires alongside their CEOs. That is commitment.”Tim Chi, CEO, WeddingWire
“Catalyst has been a proactive board member and trusted partner for the last eight years, bringing insights and analyses that have shaped our long-term strategy."Allison Lenehan, President & CEO, Xplornet Communications Inc.
Catalyst Investors is a growth equity venture capital firm investing in technology-enabled businesses. Founded in 1999 and currently investing out of our $377 million fourth fund, we employ a proactive, research-based approach to investing.
We target sectors that are experiencing above-average growth relative to the broader market. We utilize our proactive research program and dedicated Catalyst Advisory Group of seasoned technology entrepreneurs to recognize important market trends early. We identify and invest in world-class companies and management teams to capitalize on those trends.
Your Catalyst for Growth
We are true growth equity investors – our returns are driven primarily by our companies’ growth, not by the use of excessive debt financing. We work in partnership with entrepreneurs to ensure that they have the full array of strategic, tactical, and financial tools to excel in fast-moving, competitive industries.
Partner With Management
Catalyst collaborates with management teams to buy, build, and grow enduring companies by providing strategic and financial support. Our active board participation and industry expertise enable us to work together with management to achieve common goals. We always strive to take the long view and recognize the critical importance of working with management to build companies of enduring value.
- Focus on company culture and mission
- Optimize organizational structure
- Source, evaluate and recommend key hires
- Upgrade finance and human resource
- Introduce outside consultants / experts where appropriate
- Institutionalize strong board governance
- Align incentives among stakeholders
- Ensure proper succession planning
- Recruit independent board members
- Advise on capital structure / assist with banking relationships
- Refine core strategy and value proposition
- Set and fund product roadmap
- Invest in sales, marketing, customer success
- Analyze competitive market dynamics
- Develop M&A and partnership strategy
- Set budgets / forecasts and monitor KPIs
- Identify margin expansion opportunities
- Benchmark metrics against industry peers
- Employ rolling, multi-year forecasts
- Position for multiple exit opportunities