Catalyst Investors Seeks Business Development Associate
Catalyst Investors is a growth equity firm based in New York. Over the past 21 years, Catalyst has had a successful track record of investing in and scaling companies across the software, tech-enabled services and internet infrastructure sectors. The firm employs a rigorous top-down research focus to identify investment opportunities in rapidly-growing private companies where it can partner with strong entrepreneurs to build great growth businesses.
Position: Business Development Associate, Full-Time
Location: New York, NY
Description: Responsibilities include outbound deal sourcing, conference screening, market research and business development support. This position is uniquely suited to candidates seeking a sales-oriented sourcing role at a leading growth private equity firm.
- Identify potential investment opportunities that align with Catalyst’s research initiatives
- Conduct outreach and build relationships with prospective companies
- Build a robust pipeline of opportunities, identifying top near- and long-term investment prospects
- Screen conferences and other relevant industry events; lead coordination and planning for meetings on behalf of Catalyst attendees; attend conferences and other networking events when appropriate
- Conduct market research in existing areas of interest as well as new sectors
- Support all business development efforts as needed
- Excellent academic credentials
- Proof of ability to work in the U.S.
- Preference for candidates with 1-2 years of relevant deal or prospect sourcing experience; for example, in venture capital, growth equity, private equity, a commercial or investment bank, high-growth start-up or technology company; experience either serving or within the technology sector is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology and rapidly changing industries
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team-player attitude and a desire to work in a small team environment
- Previous sales or deal sourcing training is a plus
To be considered for the role, please send each of the following to [email protected]:
- Answers to the following questions (max. 200 words per response):
- After reviewing our website and team, why do you think you would be a strong candidate for Catalyst?
- Based on our investment criteria and strategy, please name an interesting growth company for Catalyst and why.