Catalyst Investors Seeks Pre-MBA Associate
Catalyst is seeking candidates for a pre-MBA Associate position to join the team. Please see below for an overview of the job description and send resumes to [email protected].
Catalyst Investors is a growth equity firm that invests in technology-enabled businesses. We focus on a variety of sectors, including software-as-a-service, digital media, internet infrastructure, healthcare IT, and business services, among others.
Position: Pre-MBA Associate, Full-Time
Location: New York, NY
Description: Catalyst Investors is seeking a pre-MBA Associate to assist the Investment Team. Investment responsibilities include deal origination, investment screening and transaction execution. This position is uniquely suited to candidates seeking a hybrid experience of deal sourcing and transaction execution. The pre-MBA Associate will have the opportunity to work directly with senior members of the Investment Team.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis on technology-enabled industries as well as new verticals
- Write industry research reports, articles and blog posts; participate in social media and PR programs
- Screen prospective investment opportunities
- Conduct outreach to prospective investments, represent Catalyst at industry and investment conferences and engage in other direct deal generation activities
- Write investment memos and other analyses of potential and existing investments
- Conduct financial and business due diligence (e.g., industry analysis, competitive position, growth prospects)
- Develop financial models to analyze investment returns and perform valuation analyses
- Support team with quarterly reporting, annual meetings and client requests for information
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience from a commercial or investment bank, management consultancy, venture capital or private equity firm
- Excellent academic credentials
- Proof of ability to work in the U.S.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology and rapidly changing industries
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills; creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong quantitative abilities, including experience in financial modeling and valuation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines; possess a fine-tuned attention to detail
- Team-player attitude and a desire to work in a small team environment
Please send each of the following to [email protected] to be considered for the role:
- Answers to the following questions (max. 200 words per response):
- After reviewing our website and team, why do you think you would be a strong candidate for Catalyst? (Note: we presume you are smart and a hard worker!)
- Of the tech IPOs this year, if you could buy (or short) one stock which would it be and why?