Associate / Senior Associate Position
Catalyst is seeking an Associate / Senior Associate to join the Investment Team. Please see below for an overview of the job description and send resumes to [email protected].
Catalyst Investors is a growth equity firm that invests in technology-enabled businesses. We focus on high growth business-to-business (“B2B”) software and business services companies and target sectors of the tech-enabled economy operating in large total addressable markets that we believe will experience persistent revenue growth. Core to those characteristics are recurring revenue business models and attractive unit-based economics.
Position: Associate, Senior Associate, Full-Time
Location: New York, NY
Description: Catalyst Investors is seeking an Associate / Senior Associate to join the Investment Team. Investment responsibilities include all aspects of deal origination, execution, monitoring, and ongoing value creation. The Associate / Senior Associate will have the opportunity to work directly with Partners and senior members of the Investment Team as well as more junior professionals.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis on technology-enabled industries as well as new verticals; write industry research reports, articles and blog posts; participate in social media and PR programs
- Screen prospective investment opportunities and interact with management
- Conduct outreach to prospective investments, represent Catalyst at industry and investment conferences and engage in other direct deal generation activities
- Write investment memos and oversee other analyses of potential and existing investments
- Conduct financial and business due diligence (e.g., industry analysis, competitive position, growth prospects)
- Develop, review and present financial models to analyze investment returns and perform valuation analyses
- Monitor existing portfolio companies and conceive of and implement value added ideas such as M&A opportunities and strategic investment concepts
- Support team with quarterly reporting, annual meetings and client requests for information
- 3-5 years of total experience; 1-3 years of relevant work experience at an investment bank, commercial bank or management consultancy plus 1-2 years of relevant investment experience at a VC, Growth Equity or PE firm
- Excellent academic credentials
- Proof of ability to work in the U.S.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology and rapidly changing industries
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills; creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong quantitative abilities, including experience in financial modeling and valuation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines; possess a fine-tuned attention to detail
- Team-player attitude and a desire to work in a small team environment
Submit a resume to [email protected]