Catalyst is Hiring: Senior Associate / Vice President
Overview of Firm:
Catalyst Investors is an NYC-based investment firm which focuses on Growth Equity for technology-enabled businesses. We employ a proactive, research-based approach to investing. We target sectors that are experiencing above-average growth. Our research enables us to recognize important market trends early on and identify world-class companies and management teams to capitalize on those trends. We make both minority and majority investments in growth companies, and always have an active role in working with management to create long term value. Please visitwww.catalyst.com for more information about the firm.
Overview of Position:
Position: Senior Associate or Vice President
Location: NYC (Midtown)
Description: The Senior Associate / Vice President is expected to be an enthusiastic self-starter with a high degree of intellectual curiosity. As part of small deal teams, the Senior Associate / Vice President will be involved in all aspects of deal origination, execution, and monitoring/support — with a primary focus on deal origination and ongoing relationship management. The role will also be responsible for managing teams that research and identify interesting companies and sectors, connecting directly with the management of such companies to introduce the firm and start a dialogue, maintaining/following up on existing relationships, and analyzing, diligencing and negotiating potential transactions.
The Senior Associate / Vice President will generally work on four person deal teams including a Partner, an Associate and an Analyst. Given that Catalyst has a lean team of investment professionals, the Senior Associate / Vice President will also be expected to perform other tasks, as needed, to support the business of the firm (e.g. marketing materials, investor interaction, fund analysis and reporting, etc.). The Catalyst work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, and the Senior Associate / Vice President should be flexible and willing to undertake any project or task that arises, including but not limited to the following:
- Developing and writing core research ideas
- Generating investment strategies
- Managing and producing sector research, including publishing research and blog posts
- Direct deal origination
- Deal evaluation
- Portfolio company monitoring
- Marketing support
- Other firm management and organizational tasks that may arise
- The Senior Associate / Vice President will have the opportunity to pursue a career track at Catalyst; MBA not required for advancement.
- Strong writing, financial modeling and oral communication skills are required.
- Prior experience in (i) buy side investing and (ii) direct sourcing / new business development are required.
- Investment banking, consulting, or business development experience is preferred, but not required.
- Senior Associate/Vice President title distinction to be determined based on candidate experience.
- Strong educational background and credentials.
- Flexible start date; immediate hire opportunity is available.
Please click here for more information and to apply.